The project focuses on TSO-DSO interoperability. While TSO-TSO interoperability is currently well established by ENTSO-E through implementation of the Common Grid Model Exchange System, TSO-DSO interoperability will also benefit future TSO-TSO interoperability. In this context, the project will also consider DSO to other Market-participants (DSOs, Aggregators, Distributed Energy Resource Operators, Micro-grid Operators) and information or data access portals that enable business processes involving relevant actors in the electrical power sector.
Beyond state-of-the-art progress that will be achieved includes:
• Fully defined interface specifications for TSO-DSO information exchange interfaces based on Use Case analysis and IEC 61970/61968/62325 standards to support highly automated information exchange and network analysis.
• Fully defined interface specifications for information exchange between DSOs and market participants based on Use Case analysis and IEC 61850 and IEC 62325 standards to support highly automated information exchanges.
• Role-based access control that securely accommodates new data requirements and unbundling processes.
• A specified suite of ICT protocols and integration with the defined interfaces.
• Proof of Concept using field tests and demonstration with industry specification at both TSO and DSO levels.
Project duration : 01.10.2017-30.09.2020 Funded through the H2020 call LCE-05-2017 € 4,175,452.50
This is one of six projects that was funded through the H2020 LCE-05-2017 topic: Tools and technologies for coordination and integration of the European energy system